Reviews

Saturday 17 October 2015

Practicing In Lesson

    In todays practice session we tried out different types of lighting and getting to know lighting settings and how they can effect the overall image whilst also getting to know what kind of lighting suited everyone in my group. We started out by using the beauty dish as we wanted to see how it would compare to using a soft box later on, and as you can see that we started out by having the exposure on way too high which just made everyone look washed out and too bright for the overall image and as you can see from the image on the far right after turning down the power of the lights we finally found a happy medium. I do like this lighting, however I feel very few people would suit this lighting as it can be quite harsh, and when experimenting more though out the session we figured out that men suit this harsher lighting much better than women.
    We now switched to a soft box and as you can see the images look a lot softer and gives kind of a glowy effect to the model, I also like how it isn't as harsh with contract unlike the beauty dish is. I personally prefer the effect the soft box gives more than the beauty dish, but I guess depending on what you're trying to achieve a beauty dish might be better but for my beauty images I'd much prefer to use a soft box.

No comments:

Post a Comment