Reviews

Tuesday 13 October 2015

Posing 101

    Here are some of my favourite poses/images from fashion editorials. For me personally, I think I like for images to show movement or some form of life coming form the model as it shows that they're human, instead of them being stuck in the same position with the same expression on their face.
  1. Daphne Groeneveld, one of my favourite models as she really puts herself forward in fashion shoots and she can really fit in well if you need a 'unique' look to your model. This is probably one of my favourite images of her as she radiates beauty, she's rocking a natural glam look yet she looks caught off guard while the photo was being taken which I think is when some of the best images are taken. It's such a simple pose yet such a beautiful beauty shot of her.
  2. Erwin Blumenfeld's image of Lisa Fonssagrives on the Eiffel Tower is one of my favourite fashion images of all time as the pose itself is so beautiful, it shows beauty and danger and also inspires you to take images in risky places which is what photography should do, make you think about what to do next.
  3. Although you cannot see all of Gigi Hadid in this image, but she pose just takes my breath away. It may have to do with how beautiful she is, but the way her body is elongated by her legs and arms being on show creates an overall relaxed vibe to the image compared to the over two images mentioned.
  4. Jean Shrimpton photographed by David Bailey. I think what I love most about this pose is the chemistry you can see in the image between Bailey and Shrimpton which I think is rarely seen in todays photography. It's a very personal pose, as if no one was meant to see this image apart from them two.
  5. What I like about this image is how Twiggy is moving which was unheard of before the 60s which is a milestone in itself, as it shows photography has came a long way from models just changing their hands and legs, models actually started to run and move across the set it must of been quite fascinating to watch this movement happen.  
  6. And lastly, Lily Cole photographed by Tim Walker. The only simple pose out of all of these images, but that's why I picked it as one of the inspirational poses, as it just shows beauty. She's just sitting in a chair showing off her beauty and she doesn't need to show it any other way apart from just looking into the camera, and to the audience viewing this image.


No comments:

Post a Comment